Friday, June 7, 2013

live fast. destroy fat.

Military/LE working dogs are the shit



Military/LE working dogs are the shit

I went to the doctors today for a case of athlete's foot...



I went to the doctors today for a case of athlete's foot that I can't seem to shake. While sitting across from LCDR Flagg, I had a moment of panic when he mentioned diabetes. He could see that I was overweight and the idea of athlete's foot that isn't healing coupled with my weight brought him to raise this concern. After a few questions, the diabetes fear was quelled, but it was scary, and eye opening, nonetheless. He gave me the number of the base nutritionist and I will be calling tomorrow to make an appointment.

I think today really opened my eyes. Over the past several months I have made many "everything changes tomorrow" declarations, and they last for a few days before I fall back into old habits. But the fact that diabetes was even a THOUGHT in my doctor's head scared me straight. Along with the phone number to a nutritionist, I walked out with a large supply of nicotine gum to kick this nasty habit of smoking. I don't just want to be in shape, I want to be healthy. I want to feel clean and energized. I want to feel…good.

But you're probably wondering about the picture. That's a United States Coast Guard small boat. You see, about a year and a half ago, I was actually in relatively good shape. I had lost upwards of 80lbs so that I could join the Coast Guard, but I got lazy and I gained it all back and the dream of the Coast Guard seemed to slip away. I had accepted this to a certain extent and started going to college to pursue a degree in criminal justice so that I can become a part of a federal law enforcement agency. After some recent research, it seems that this may be a difficult task seeing that my wife is in the Coast Guard and we will be moving to a different part of the country every 4 years or so. It takes money to train a law enforcement officer of any kind, and it's a big risk training someone who will be leaving shortly after starting.

So here I am. I feel renewed. I feel like I have caught the 'bug' again. The weight loss bug. I feel motivated. With this familiar feeling comes other familiar feelings of striving for the Coast Guard. It may sound corny but I have this strong desire to serve my country. I used to love visiting my Wife at her old small boat station when she would show me the base and all of the boats every. single. time. I visited. Whether she liked it or not. And I am grateful of those times because they kept me motivated. I miss that feeling. I miss looking forward to the Coast Guard. I miss getting secretly giddy every time I saw a Coast Guard helicopter in the air or a Coast Guard boat in the water. I miss seeing myself in the uniform and doing the job. I miss thinking of the pride I know I would feel to hold that title. 

So I've decided to allow myself that feeling again. What better way to fulfill my goal of joining a federal law enforcement agency (which the Coast Guard falls under as well as a branch of the United States Military) while working around the issue of moving every 4 years than to actually join the branch that will be moving us!? But this will be a silent goal. This will be the last time I mention this goal. The next time anyone will hear of this goal is when I see forward progress in a recruiting process. This may sound ass backwards but I feel by letting everyone know would put too much pressure on me. So I will do this silently, but successfully.

But I will not allow this to consume me. Before, the Coast Guard was all I thought about. I felt that if, for whatever reason, I was not able to join the Coast Guard, I would be lost. I will continue going to school and if I get picked up before I finish, then I will continue my degree in the Coast Guard. And if I get through my recruiting process and there is in fact some reason I cannot join, then I will move on. I feel like I need to live in the present because for a long time, I have been focused on the future and all the 'what if's' and not living in the present. The Coast Guard is what I want, but I will survive and enjoy life without it.

And to my Wife, who I know has concerns about us being married to eachother as well as the Coast Guard, I can promise you that no one and nothing will ever change who I am and I will always be the man that you married. I am doing this because it's the only thing that I keep coming back to and the only thing I feel sure about in regards to a career. We can make this an adventure and enjoy our time together while being married member to member. I also promise you that I will put 110% of myself into this and I will show you how much I want it. I love you and thank you for always supporting me in all 6 million different roads I've attempted. And this time, I won't make you give me any boat tours. ;)

Let's. Fucking. Do. This.

thespartanwarrior: Motivation Monday - 03/25/13 From the man...



thespartanwarrior:

Motivation Monday - 03/25/13

From the man himself

beforeandafterfatlosspics: aradicalbedclerk I've been feeling...



beforeandafterfatlosspics:

aradicalbedclerk

I've been feeling awful these last few weeks with my fitness and weightloss, but I realised tonight how far I've actually come. The girl on the left had two injured knees, couldn't run at all, couldn't do a lot of things, was so unhappy and unhealthy. 5 months later and fast forward to someone who ran 6 km with her boyfriend, is fitter, stronger, lighter and has achieved so much more than she thought possible. 

Starting weight: 74kg

Current weight: 67kg 

Height: 169 cm 

license2tumbl: fishtwigz: Kaiser, a police dog, being saluted...



license2tumbl:

fishtwigz:

Kaiser, a police dog, being saluted as he walks to be laid to rest after being diagnosed with severe kidney disease.

this is the first post to actually make me cry

this literally made me tear up

I love it when military/Law Enforcement working dogs get the same honors as their human counterparts.

RIP pup

Photo





















I NEED MORE FITBLRS TO FOLLOW.

thehealthylifechange:

I'm only following 150… Reblog and I'll follow you(:

fit-skinny-motivation: 3 Reasons Why Your Attempts to Diet Fail



fit-skinny-motivation:

3 Reasons Why Your Attempts to Diet Fail

fit-skinny-motivation: How To Start Losing Weight At Home...



fit-skinny-motivation:

How To Start Losing Weight At Home Easily

Thank you! A banana has to be spotless for me to eat it.

Will Power

The wife is out for the evening which means I had to fend for myself for dinner. This generally means me eating anything that can be microwaved or eaten directly from a box. When I approached the kitchen, I kept telling myself that I would suck it up and cook something healthy. When I looked in the refrigerator, the first thing I saw was a ziplock full of leftover pizza.
It took me about 5 minutes of holding and/or staring at the pizza, but I finally threw it in the trash and opted for a healthier alternative.
Progress.

Photo



I would like to take this opportunity to wish a happy Memorial...



I would like to take this opportunity to wish a happy Memorial Day to the men and women of our armed forces, past and present.
Thank you for all that you do in service of our country and the sacrifices you make every day to do so. And here's to our fallen service members who shall never be forgotten.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnow!

Tomorrow begins a new chapter in my life. A life of healthy eating, activity, exercise, and mental focus. The only reason I say that this ‘new me’ starts tomorrow instead of right this instant is because I am lying in bed and this will likely be the last thing I do before drifting off to dream land.
This will not be an easy task. It will take time. I will slip up. I will fall down. I will want to quit. But I won’t. I want this and I will have it.

Starting weight: 295lbs
Goal weight: 200lbs

musicmajorandallthatjazz: crystoee: twoandtwentyonebee: jcorey...



musicmajorandallthatjazz:

crystoee:

twoandtwentyonebee:

jcorey:

Never forget.

He stuck that motherfucking landing too.

dude omfg HAHHA

Let's take a moment to recognize how high this nigga had to jump to clear that defender.

Aaaaaaaaaand fuckyou!

fit-skinny-motivation: Are You Skinny...



fit-skinny-motivation:

Are You Skinny Fat?
http://fit-skinny-motivation.tumblr.com/

Do it

Stretching Exercises | Men's Health

Stretching Exercises | Men's Health:

Older article but very interesting. Could be an answer to your DOMS prayers.

Positive Mental Attitude. All day. One key to fitness.



Positive Mental Attitude. All day.

One key to fitness.

Photo



Photo



Photo



No comments:

Post a Comment